Monday 28 October 2013

My favorite sport


My favorite sport is short track speed skate. 
In the first blog, I  wrote about this sport, but I think many people don't know about it.  
One lap is 111.12 meters, and there are 4~6 player in one game. They compete for the rank.
This sport determines the relative merits in the order of arrival isn't a time trial.
It is also called  a "bicycle race on ice".

The distance are 500 meters is 4.5 laps, 1000 meters is 9 laps and 1500 meters is 13.5 laps.
This video is about 2012-2013 world cup 1000 meters men final A.

I think 1000 meters is the most exiting race. It because, 1000 meters is not long but not short, so the race becomes very fast and intense.


I like skating. Furthermore, I also like watching the game.
If you have a time, please watch this video.

3 comments:

  1. I know there is a speed skating facility on the U of C campus, at the Olympic Oval. Have you ever trained there?

    Corrections:
    My favorite sport is short track speed skating.

    If you have time, please watch this video. (no 'a')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I training in Olympic Oval in the morning every weekday.

      Delete
  2. Hi Yoshika, I don´t know very well ice skating, but I really want to learn ... I saw the video and I think this competence are very exiting. I would like to see a video with yours, maybe when you are training ;-)

    ReplyDelete